Health Food Rocks! Is a Whole Food Maintenance plan that can follow The RxStar Remedy Detox Program. It includes whole and fresh fruits and vegetables, lean protein, healthy fat. Recipes are dairy-free and gluten-free. Presented as a guide with options for lunch and dinner, rather than specific meal plans.
How to Follow This Plan
Make sure to download Rx Remedy App for more information and daily guidance from Dr. Gabrielle Francis.
During the Health Food Rocks! plan, you will be prompted to follow a diet that includes whole, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean protein (organic poultry and wild-caught fish), along with plenty of fluids. The recipes in this program are also gluten-free and dairy-free.
There are meal plans, recipes and shopping lists to get you started. You don’t need to follow the meal plans exactly. You may substitute any plan-appropriate recipe for the suggested meal to suit your taste, or make substitutions with ingredients from the “What to Eat” list. Make sure you exclude the foods on the “What Not to Eat List.”
Calories are not counted on Health Food Rocks! There is no need to be hungry! If you need more food than is on the meal plans, increase the portions or have an additional snack. Similarly, you do not need to eat all the food on the meal plan. If you are not so hungry, it is okay to have smaller portions.
Remember to aim for 4-5 small meals daily (per plan recommendations) along with plenty of fluids. Your goal should be 64-80oz. (2-2.5L) of fluids each day, primarily water but tea and broth count too.
Download the Health Food Rocks! pdf
What to Eat
There are many, many delicious foods to consume, look for recipes that are full of the following. Try to follow the Health Food Rocks! Guidelines and the 90/10 Rule….90% of the time and only cheat 10% of the time for best results!
- Whole fruits: all included but limit to 2-3 servings daily.
- Vegetables: all are included, eat 4-7 servings daily.
- Grains: gluten free (quinoa, brown and wild rice, buckwheat, teff, millet, amaranth, brown rice pasta, pure buckwheat noodles, gluten-free oats. Post-challenge you may wish to reintroduce gluten grains. Make sure they are unprocessed, whole grains (bulgur, farrow, wheat berries.) Limit these to 2 times daily at the very most.
- Meat & Poultry: organic or free-range chicken, turkey, lamb, duck, wild game, grass-fed or organic red-meat, organ meats, bone broth.
- Fish & Shellfish: Wild-caught, low-mercury fish including salmon, black cod (sablefish) tilapia, trout, anchovies, herring, sardines (fresh & canned). Shellfish including clams, lobster, shrimp, scallops, oysters. Sea vegetables
- Beans and legumes: including all beans, split peas and lentils.
- Dairy-substitutes: plain and unsweetened almond and coconut milks, goat and sheep yogurts and cheeses, organic cow cheese and yogurt (no cow milk or ice cream)
- Eggs: Organic or free-range eggs
- Healthy fats: avocado, nuts and seeds (avoid peanuts)
- Oils: cold-pressed/extra virgin oils: Olive oil, walnut oil, coconut oil, avocado oil.
- Caffeine: in moderation! Organic Coffee, Black or Green Tea.
- Vinegars & condiments: apple cider, white wine, red wine, balsamic
- Fresh green juices: fresh pressed, cold pressed
- Dark chocolate: raw 70% cacao or higher
- Sweeteners: Honey and maple syrup, agave nectar, stevia.
- Herbs and spices: all herbs and spices are included
The following foods should be avoided on The Health Food Rocks! Plan.
Follow the 90/10 Rule for best results.
- Alcohol: all wine, beer and spirits
- Gluten and refined grains: refined grains include white flours, white pastas, white breads, gluten-grains include wheat, barley and rye. (Whole unprocessed gluten-grains may be ok post-challenge).
- Dairy: cow milk and Ice cream.
- Processed and packaged foods: chips, pastas, frozen dinners, white breads.
- Factory-farmed and processed meats: including chicken, turkey, pork, beef, veal, cold cuts, canned meats, hot dogs, sausage (These foods are high in refined carbohydrates and sugars in addition to added chemicals.)
- Peanuts and Peanut Butter
- Soda, carbonated and other sweetened beverages: teas, sodas and other processed beverages
- Sweeteners: processed sugars (white, brown, beet), corn syrup, and all artificial sweeteners (including Equal Splenda and Sweet 'n Low)
- Processed fruit juices and Kombucha
- Candies & sweets: all candy including milk chocolate.
- Fats & oils: processed and refined oils including canola oil, vegetable oil.