The RxStar Remedy Detox Vegetarian Plan is a low-glycemic diet designed for The RxStar Remedy Detox Program. It is an anti- inflammatory diet and supports those who want to reduce their sugar and toxin intake.
How to Follow This Plan
Make sure to download The Herban Alchemist/Rx Remedy APP. You’ll find detailed daily plan information in the App.
During The RxStar Remedy Detox Vegetarian Plan, you will be prompted to follow a diet that includes whole, fresh fruits and vegetables, and plant-based sources of protein, along with plenty of fluids. The recipes in this program are also gluten-free and dairy-free. You can easily make it a Vegan plan by substituting Flax Eggs (instructions included on recipes.)
There are meal plans, recipes and shopping lists to get you started. You don’t need to follow the meal plans exactly. You may substitute any plan-appropriate recipe for the suggested meal to suit your taste or make substitutions with ingredients from the “What to Eat” list. Make sure you exclude the foods on the “What Not to Eat List.”
Calories are not counted on The RxStar Remedy Detox Vegetarian Plan. There is no need to be hungry! If you need more food than is on the meal plans, increase the portions or have an additional snack. Similarly, you do not need to eat all the food on the meal plan. If you are not so hungry, it is okay to have smaller portions.
Remember to aim for 4-5 small meals daily (per plan recommendations) along with plenty of fluids. Your goal should be 64-80oz. (2-2.5L) of fluids each day, primarily water but tea and broth count too.
Enter information below and receive an email to download our app.
WHAT to EAT
There are many, many delicious foods to consume that are part of The RxStar Remedy Detox Vegetarian plan. Of course, the recipes in this plan incorporate these ingredients. The following items are on the "What's In" list, and you may substitute any of these for ingredients in the recipes and meal plans.
- Low-sugar whole fruits: lemon, limes, green apples and berries are best and unlimited.
- All Organic Fruits: Included but limit to 2 per day.
- Non-starchy vegetables: broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage, peppers, cauliflower, parsley, eggplant, green onions (Spring onions), asparagus, artichoke hearts, Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, spinach, collard greens, kale (Tuscan cabbage), mustard greens, dandelion greens, Swiss chard, watercress, turnip greens, seaweeds, endive, arugula (rocket), bok choy, rapini, chicory, radicchio
- Root vegetables: sweet potatoes, beets, butternut squash, acorn squash, cassava, radish, rutabaga, turnips, parsnips, spaghetti squash, pumpkin
- Healthy fats: avocado, nuts and seeds (avoid peanuts)
- Oils: cold-pressed, extra virgin oils such as olive oil, walnut oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
- Vinegars: apple cider, white wine, red wine, balsamic
- Legumes: beans, peas, lentils
- Gluten-free grains: gluten-free including quinoa, brown and wild rice, buckwheat, teff, millet, amaranth, brown rice pasta, pure buckwheat noodles, gluten-free oats. Post-challenge, unprocessed gluten grains (bulgur, farrow, wheat berries) may be added but limit to 2 times daily at the very most
- Dairy & substitutes: plain and unsweetened almond and coconut milks and yogurts, goat and sheep cheese and yogurt. Post- challenge you may wish to reintroduce organic dairy (cheese and yogurt) limit to three times weekly at most.
- Sweeteners: honey and maple syrup, agave nectar, and stevia.
- Herbs and spices: all herbs and spices are included!
- Caffeine: 1 cup coffee, black or green tea allowed
- Soybeans: minimally processed organic soy. edamame and tofu.
WHAT NOT to EAT
The following foods should be avoided in general or limited during The RxStar Remedy Detox Vegetarian Plan:
- Alcohol: wine, beer and spirits
- Processed and packaged foods: chips, pastas, frozen dinners, white breads, energy bars. If it has a food label, it is likely on the "out" list. These are high in refined carbohydrates, sugars and chemicals.
- Starchy vegetables: yams, potatoes, corn, peas (limit to 3 per week)
- Gluten-grains: including wheat, barley, rye, spelt, bran, farina, kamut, oats, couscous and all refined foods such as white breads and white flours.
- Processed fruit juices: bottled juice unless it has HPP on the label
- Soda, carbonated and other sweetened beverages: teas, sodas and other processed beverages (sodium-free sparkling water is ok)
- Sweeteners: processed sugars (white, brown, beet, coconut), corn syrup, Stevia, Agave and all artificial sweeteners (including Equal and Sweet 'n Low)
- All meats but, in particular, avoid factory farmed and processed meats: including chicken, turkey, pork, beef, veal, cold cuts, canned meats, hot dogs, sausage
- All Fish & seafood: but in particular avoid farm-raised fish and fish known to be high in mercury: including tuna and swordfish
- Candies & sweets: all candy including milk chocolate.
- Condiments: jellies and fruit spreads